Laminated Bags: The Strongest Bag Material
Laminated bags are super strong and allow full color processing. Know the details to make the most of this reusable bag fabric.
How Are Laminated Bags Made?
Laminated bags begin with a base layer (substrate) that is white. Then, a thin layer of polypropylene sheeting is printed with four color graphics and laminated on top of the substrate. The top layer is heat bonded for a permanent seal. Panels are precision cut and sewn after printing.
Most laminated bags use one of the following three substrates. No matter which one you choose, the four color graphics in the exterior lamination layer is all the customer will see from the outside. The substrate is only visible on the inside of the bag.
- Woven PP For this material, strips of PP are woven together and a lamination layer bonds the weave together. This material is incredibly strong for its weight and is often used for sand bags, tarps, and other industrial uses. This material puckers after 6-8 months as the material ages.
- NWPP Lamination gives NWPP a strong, puncture-resistant top layer for a smooth great looking bag. Once laminated, NWPP weighs 120 GSM, making it extra durable and long lasting. This is a premium choice for grocery bags, promotional bags, or custom bags for any organization.
- Recycled PET (rPET) Water-bottles are shredded and spun into a substrate fabric to create recycled reusable bags. The lamination sheeting is not recycled, so the final bag contains 85% post-consumer waste. RPET bags are the gold standard in eco-friendly bags, ideal to demonstrate your commitment to the environment.
Laminated Bag Art Options
We offer these art options when ordering laminated bags:
- 1. Same or different art on opposing sides. Our standard pricing includes identical art on front and back, and identical art on both gussets. Different art on opposing sides is possible with additional set up fees.
- 2. Trim and handles: Most laminated bags have matching laminated handles and trim. Some customers use contrasting colors for trim and handles as a border or added design element.
- 3. Glossy matte finish. As with a printed photo, you can choose glossy or matte to suit your taste.